1) Health value of the services and infrastructure of the mountaineering associations in the Alps, benefits of mountain sports for health and quality of life (one major programme focus of the Austrian Alpine Club during 2014-2016)
2) The issue of health in the framework of the project “Mountaineering villages”
• Improvement of the public perception of the health value of the services and infrastructure of the Alpine associations.
• Contribution of the Alpine associations to Austria’s official “Health Objectives” (strengthen the ‘health skills’ of the population, preserve the basic conditions of life (like air, water, soil and habitats), strengthen social cohesion, develop and support healthy childhoods, support healthy and secure exercise in everyday life, promote psychosocial health in all groups of society)
• Information about the individual benefits of mountain sports for health and of life
• Alpine clubs as possible partners in a learning process on mountain sports and health.
Intervenants: Jürgen Einwanger, Liliana Dagostin